VAFA Ltd is the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us via our website and can be contacted at email@example.com
When you visit our website
You can visit our website without giving away your personal information. VAFA Ltd uses Google Analytics and Cookies in order to improve our service, user experience and to analyse how the website is used.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and remove them from your browser. However, please note that some of our website features may not function as a result. Aside from the approximate location (IP address), the information collected by Google Analytics is largely anonymous traffic data including browser information, device information and language.
The collected information is used to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using the VAFA Ltd website. It is not used for any additional purpose.
When you purchase items from us
When you purchase products via our website, we ask you to provide full contact details, as well as any special delivery requirements. We use this data to process your order accurately and to ensure the correct goods are delivered to your preferred address. Your telephone number and your email address are only used to communicate with you about your order. You are not added to our e-mail marketing or newsletter list unless you specifically choose to do so.
When you contact us
When you contact us via the VAFA Ltd website, you may do so by telephone, email or post. VAFA Ltd therefore collects the personal information you provide (such as your name, email address, organisation), which will be processed and stored only so that it is possible for us to contact and respond to your enquiry.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing Your Data with Trusted Third Parties
VAFA Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of trusted third parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the business. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this website.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites. See our Cookies Notice for details.
- Data insight companies to ensure your details are up to date and accurate.
We apply the following policies to those third party organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes in our contract with them.
- We work with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Sharing your data with third parties for their own purposes
We will only do this in very specific circumstances, for example:
- With your consent, given at the time you supply your personal data, we may pass that data to a third party for their direct marketing purposes.
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
- We may, from time to time, expand, reduce or sell the business and this may involve the transfer of part or the whole business to new owners. If this happens, your personal data will, where relevant, be transferred to the new owner or controlling party, under the terms of this Privacy Notice
When you apply for a job with us
If you apply for a job with VAFA Ltd, we will collect, process and store the information you have sent us for recruitment-related purposes. Additionally, VAFA Ltd may keep your data for a period of time for the purpose of considering you for a different job opportunity.
Social media plug-ins
Our website features a plug-in for easy sharing and following our social media pages: Instagram, operated by Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Being on our website does not automatically result in sharing data on Instagram. The plug-in remains inactive (idle) until clicked upon. Once clicked upon, you will be taken to the said social media network where their own specific privacy policies will apply.
VAFA Ltd cares to ensure the security of personal data. When we collect information about you, we also make sure that your information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, manipulation, falsification, destruction, or unauthorized disclosure. This is done through appropriate technical and organisational measures.
Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. You can do this by contacting us at email@example.com. To comply with your request, we will ask you to verify your identity. We will send your copy electronically unless the request expressly specifies a different method.
Information Correction & Deletion
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. Any data that is no longer needed for the purposes specified will be deleted. If at any point you wish VAFa Ltd to delete information about you, you can contact us.
When this policy applies
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that VAFA Ltd has about you
- Correct any information that VAFA Ltd has about you
- Delete information that VAFA Ltd has about you
If you have any additional questions about VAFA Ltd’s collection and storage of data, please contact us at:
Victoria Armstrong Fine Art Ltd
Studio 1, 9 Scots Lane
Salisbury SP1 1TR